Jul 11, 2009

Body Paint, a Ring Light and Kristen!


Kristen contacted me after she saw the shoot I had done with Summer and Crystal with the body paints. I was actually driving to Plaster City to shoot Drive's night race when she left me a voice mail saying how she loved my style and ability to capture the moment, I was flattered. She was excited to do a shoot for her man and a few shots for her family. She was all pumped up on all these crazy ideas she wanted to do. I was excited.




We began by doing some simple pretty shots that included her and her dog. She wanted to do some fun playful shots in the grass. Literally the second she and her puppy got on the grass, the sprinklers turned on and we didn't know how to turn them off. Early I had scoped out this neat little area behind the hot tub, so we set up over there. Made for a beautiful and simple background...besides the fence I tried to hide.


She also wanted to do some shots where she was punishing her dog. The dog doesn't look too sad...


After a wardrobe change, I noticed the great sky with simple "Simpsons" clouds. So we found a spot in the yard where I could eliminate everything expect the sky and knelt down under her and started shooting. It was actually a great spot because I was able to dip my foot in the pool!



Next we went inside to this elaborate bar that the house had. I was super excited to shoot with this as the backdrop. Especially her being blond and shooting on a red wood, I was sure that she would pop out at the camera.


Mark let me barrow his ring light for this shoot and I thoroughly enjoyed using it in this instance. Given all the circumstances, it was a great tool and effect to blow out her face in these images. It really gave her skin a nice, soft, porcelain look.



I tried this new HDR technique that's really great to use on certain photos, but never to over do. I was really pleased with the outcome.


While Matt was setting up the lights for the next scene, Kristen and I just started to mess around just for fun and we popped off a few great shots. This one is actually one of my favorites. The background was not ideal, but still made for a great shot.


I then noticed a cleaner background right next to us and had her move over a bit. Really the same everything, just amazing what a difference the background can make in a shot.




Once Matt had the lights all set up for him, I grabbed my camera just to pop off a few shots. Right behind her on the couch, was a huge window that completely allowed every bit of the Arizona sunlight to beam in. Although with his light set up and dropping my shutter down to 20, it completely gave an evening setting that just made this shot.



Finally at the end of the shoot, Kristen wanted to write her man's name, Sheldon, on her back with pink paint as though it was craved in with a knife.








No comments:

Post a Comment