Oct 13, 2009

First UFL Game = First Commercial Gig



I was lucky to fall into my first commercial gig...or so I thought. I have never shot football before and being the first game of the UFL history, I was pretty nervous. Mark continued to reassure me to relax and that he would coach me through my first game. However the second I stepped foot into the media room, I was swept away to another room with a long list of things, I mean logos and corporate sponsors I needed to shoot.







I was given two different directions from different people and was very overwhelmed running around Sam Boyd Stadium. I wouldn't say a chicken with her head cut off, but more like a chicken trying to figure which direction the ball was moving...OK with my head cut off, in a huge yellow dress/vest.


Direction # 1
LOGOS! LOGOS! LOGOS! All gear and uniforms.







I was also informed that on the home teams helmets, where it reads Riddell, it was going to be replaced by the featured sponsors name. Try shooting this in action with a 600mm.





Direction # 2
Shoot action with sponsors logos in the background...that were LED banners...and blinked...



These shots are also a great example of how empty the stand were.



Talk about being challenged and bored.



Informed that I wasn not to shoot regular football shots and to focus on the sponsors, I was sad to not get too much action. Although running the bleachers when I get a phone call that I needed to get a shot of the UFL Commissioner ASAP was tons of fun! If only I have an off camera flash handy.



And of course of some key people to make the UFL and the game happen.





1 comment:

  1. Great Shots, I am seeing things or were carrying a Nikon with a Canon strap?

    ReplyDelete